Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vamos a la selva!

So we're going to the jungle! Sweet. After getting ahold of CARITAS, they have managed to give us the go-ahead to head into the jungle via the Amazon Rio. The trip will take us to a few communities (which I cannot pronounce or spell :)), where we will have the chance to see how the CARITAS dry toilets (ecosanitation), have been working over the past few years. The cool part is we'll be living in the communities. Should be awesome, but the bugs are likely to be relentless. I hope the antimalaria meds are up to snuff :). I will try to post a few pictures of my travels along the river when I get back on Saturday of this week. I'm super excited. Say a few prayers for our boat, for our health, and for our good time speaking with folks along the way. May we get the information we need to supplement our understanding of why people shit where they do. Because, believe it or not, it's making millions of people sick.

have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment