Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Leaving Iquitos

Gonna keep this one short. About to leave on a large boat and go up the river to a place called Yurimaguas. I am being accompanied by two amazing dudes: the boy genius Skyler, and the gentle giant, Cole (the manchild) Sigmon. The trip is supposed to take us around 3 days, which would put us in at Yurimaguas around Saturday morning, mas o menus. Then we will either go our separate ways there, or take a colectivo to Tarapoto, where I am staying to deliver some shit specimens to a lab, and hopefully staying with some folks I met at my hostal. Then I am going to try and work my way over the mountains to Huaraz on a path that is somewhat less traveled, but apparently well worth the inevitable trials and tribulations. This path will lead me to Tingo Maria, where things should get much easier. All in all I should end up in Huaraz on the 29th, just in time to meet Austa, Christina, Traci and Randy! I am excited for the adventures ahead, please pray for a high level of dicernment for my surly group and for smart decisions on my part as I forge ahead solo using the Peruvian bus system.

There will be a lot more pictures of the boat trip when I arrive in Huaraz next week. Until then, have a wonderful week!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment